For the safe operation of all kayaking equipment owned and operated by Puhoi River Kayaks Ltd all participants must meet the following Customer Criteria.
- No children under the age of 3. All kayakers must be able to sit up unaided. All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- All Clients must correctly fit and wear the buoyancy aid provided by Puhoi River Kayaks Ltd. Clients may bring and wear their own buoyancy aids provided they adhere to NZ Safety Standards.
- All clients must weigh less than 135kgs.
- All kayakers must understand and follow our instructions. All instructions are provided in English only sorry we do not provide a translation service.
- Absolutely No alcohol/drugs/illegal substances. No bags permitted in kayaks.
- All participants should be dressed appropriately for kayaking. For your safety please wear light summer casual clothing e.g comfortable active wear. Jandals or trainers are okay.
- Please bring: Sunhats/sunblock essential for hot sunny days, Raincoat for rainy days. Water Bottle. A towel & change of clothes to leave in the car to change into if you get wet kayaking.
- No Dogs are allowed in Wenderholm regional park so unfortunately your fur buddies have to stay home.
- You must ensure you make us aware of any medical conditions that may affect you or the members of your group’s ability to undertake the activity.
- To ensure safety we reserve the right to refuse hire due to adverse weather/river conditions or if a client is unsuitable due to age, size, ill health or poor fitness or in our opinion are likely to endanger themselves or others.
Kayaking/Canoeing is an adventure activity and there is an element of risk involved. Puhoi River Kayaks Ltd make every effort to ensure our clients have a safe and happy experience.
Participants should be aware that no operator can absolutely guarantee your safety however we have taken all practicable steps to identify and minimise potential dangers. You must therefore follow our instructions and use the safety equipment provided at all times.
If any of your party is under 18 years old, the adults are responsible for them following the instructions and using the safety equipment provided.
Puhoi River Kayaks Ltd cannot be held responsible for injury, loss or damage to any person/personal property if you fail to follow our instructions therefore by accepting these terms and conditions you release or indemnify Puhoi River Kayaks Ltd and our staff from any liability we incur from failing to follow our instructions.