The Puhoi Village is approximately 35 minutes drive north of the Auckland Harbour Bridge.
What To Bring
- Sunhat and sunblock
- Change of clothes
- Drink and snack
- A smile (of course!)
- Cash / Eftpos / Visa / Mastercard
Directions to Puhoi Via Toll Road
- Follow the northern Motorway (SH1) 39km to the end.
- After tunnels continue north on SH1 1km turn left at Puhoi Historic Village turn-off.
- Drive 1km into Village – we are on right opposite Historic Church.
- For Toll charges and payment please phone 0800 40 20 20 on online www.tollroad.govt.nz
Directions To Puhoi Via Wenderholm SH17
- Follow northern Motorway to Orewa Exit No:394
- Follow Grand Drive/Westhoe Road Link Road to SH17
- Take free left turn at SH17 intersection Traffic Lights drive north
- To Wenderholm: At 3.5kms just after Waiwera River Bridge turn left into Wenderholm Regional Park.
- To Puhoi: Continue north past Wenderholm Park entrance for 7kms Below tunnels SH17 merges to SH1.
- Continue 1km on SH1 turn left at Puhoi Historic Village turn-off.
- Drive 1km into Village we are on right opposite Historic Church.
Auckland to Puhoi map
Puhoi River Kayak Trips
We are based in the heart of the Puhoi Village at 84 Puhoi Road, opposite the Historic Puhoi Church.
It is essential to book because the river is tidal.
Our weekends get fairly hectic so it pays to book ahead for a big group. Through the week is quieter but booking is still necessary..
We do not hold you to your booking on the weather.
If it is raining in Puhoi on the day you have booked we will always ring you and let you decide if you still wish to come, however, we do reserve the right to cancel if we feel the conditions will compromise your safety.
FULL RIVER ADVENTURE RATE
Sgl Kayak: $55 / Dbl Kayak: $100 / Canadian Canoe: $150
HOURLY HIRE RATES
Sgl Kayak: $30 / Dbl Kayak: $60 / Canadian Canoe: $75
We operate Puhoi River Kayak Trips daily
All year (weather and tide dependent)
Closed Christmas Day and Boxing day
Gift Vouchers Available
You will find us at the boat ramp adjacent to the main car park at Wenderholm Regional Park.
WENDERHOLM HIRE RATES
Kayaks and SUP’s from $20 for 1/2hr
We operate Wenderholm Beach Kayak Hire
3 hours either side of high tide
DAILY from 27 December – 12 January
Closed in poor or dangerous weather conditions.